In no particular order:
1. Toms: Now, I must be honest and admit that I made fun of a friend who was wearing these shoes the first time I saw them. I wondered what could possibly be appealing about these seemingly plan, slipper-like shoe … and then I tried a pair on. I was hooked! Super comfy, super cute with a pair of jeans on my many jeans and t-shirt days, and oh so addicting with their many colors and patterns. I’ve started with black …. but I won’t stop there!
2. The Hunger Games Trilogy: I never believed that there would ever again be a book series that had me as captivated as Twilight, but I was most definitely mistaken. I read this trilogy in under 2 weeks, the first book alone I devoured in less than three days … trust me, this is quite the feat with a 5 month old on my hands … not to worry, I wasn’t neglectful of my parenting and cuddling duties … my little one must have known mommy was buried in a book as this was the weekend she chose to take 2 hour (or longer) naps. Like Twilight, this book series is meant for young adults, but it was amazing and even, dare I say, has replaced Twilight as my new favorite series. I borrowed the trilogy from a friend but will be going to buy my own in preparation for my wanting to read it again in a few months time. Don’t even get me started on the fact that a Hunger Games movie is coming out soon … SHRIEEEEK!!!!
3. Pinterest: Just when I thought I was safe from all these time-suck websites, having reigned in my Facebook addiction considerably, I was introduced into the world of Pinterest. The concept of this site confused me at first, I failed to see the point; but I persevered, pushed through my negativity and that’s when it became fun … and yes, addicting. I don’t know who came up with this idea; so simple, yet so fun …. virtual bulletin boards you say? Sign me up!
4. Aldo’s Wedge Pumps: I don’t wear heels often, mainly because I have nowhere to really wear them to but also because they’re just not comfortable. They look great, and I love to look at them and even plan what I would wear with them should I own this pair or that, but I rarely buy them as I fear they would collect dust in my closet while I go about my days in my Toms or my flip-flops (season permitting) or my runners. My girlfriend recently sent me an Aldo link showing me their wedge pumps and I was instantly in love! I’m a HUGE fan of the wedge, always have been, and now, Aldo was answering my prayers with a dressy shoe just for me … a shoe I can walk in properly, wear more comfortably than the couple of pairs of stilettos sitting in my closet AND wear with more than just dresses, skirts or dress pants … hence giving me a reason to ditch my excuse of not buying them because I won’t wear them enough to get my money’s worth. Like my aforementioned Toms, these also come in many different colors BUT true to my nature, I will start with black and work from there.
5.Starbucks’ Ceramic Travel Mug:I was given this for Christmas by a close friend who is very much aware of my love for tea. I’ve had it for two months now and it is already stained on the inside, has its own special place inside my cup cupboard, has never been inside the dishwasher as it MUST be washed by hand, and had been my faithful tea drinking companion every morning since. I loved this gift so much that I bought one for another friend who loved it just as much as I love mine.
6. Jeggings: like leggings only made of stretchy denim …. ummm, can someone please explain to me how I wasn’t wearing these until a couple of weeks ago? I think I’m in love.